What I do:
**UPDATE 2/01/2021 Consulting and Training in the age of COVID-19
Due to the recent ruling by Governor Newsome that travel restrictions are lifted, I am happy to do LIVE Consulting and Training for you – if your company has a large enough space where we can social distance. Please email me and I will contact you directly to discuss.
Leadership, Management and L&D Consulting: I deliver in-person, phone or video-conference consulting for HR and business leaders. Please see the Management & HR Consulting tab for details on Consulting.
All-Level Training: I deliver in-person, instructor-led compliance, leadership, management and employee development training. Many of the courses are available in both English and Spanish.
Speaking and Facilitation: Speaking Engagements for any occasion, Strategy Planning Meeting Facilitation, Yearly State of the Union Meetings, Yearly Employee Training Events, Chapter Meetings and Conventions
True Colors® Facilitation: I am also a licensed True Colors® facilitator. True Colors is a user-friendly temperament and personality assessment program that improves people performance through recognizing differences that lead to miscommunication and conflict.
CALIFORNIA HR MANAGERS: I deliver Bilingual Sexual Harassment Prevention Training for both Managers and Employees. In California the threshold requiring training is to have 5 or more employees (full-time, part-time, seasonal, interns included). To remain compliant* please call me for training.
Instructor-led training (where conversations and questions/answers are available in real-time) has been proven to be more effective for sexual harassment prevention training than just computer-based training and in many cases is just as affordable and convenient!
My Credentials: I have an MBA from Cal State Long Beach, an undergrad in Business Management, and I am a Six Sigma Green Belt, a Certified Change Management Professional and a Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP). I also have Certificates in Coaching and Workplace Investigations. You can find me on LinkedIn here.
Here is a sample list of topics available. Many more options available upon request:
- Creating a Hi-Potential Group for Succession Planning, Part I
- Creating a Hi-Potential Group, Part II (Using a Performance Matrix)
- Creating an Effective Onboarding Program
- Preparing for the Future: Organizational Change
- Leading Organizational Change
- Leading a Culture Change
- Prevention of Sexual Harassment & Bullying for California Managers
- Management 101: Transition from Employee to Supervisor/Manager
- Management 102: Complex Problem Solving (*New!)
- Management 103: A Practical Exercise in Decision Making
- Management 104: Performance Management
- Management 105: Basic Project Management for Managers
- Management 106: Presentation Skills Training or Workshop (*New!)
- Management 107: Systems Thinking for Business Results (*New!)
- Management 108: Personal Productivity (*New!)
- Leadership 101: Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership 102: Leadership that Inspires Employee Performance (*New!)
- Leadership 103: Using Thought Leadership to Make a Difference (*New!)
- Leadership 104: Leadership for Women
- Negotiation Skills Workshop (*New!)
- Prevention of Sexual Harassment & Bullying, Employee version**
- Building Hi-Impact Communicators
- Personal Productivity
- Group Dynamics (Work Well with Others & Manage Conflict)
- Managing Customers Expectations
- Critical Thinking
- Emotional Intelligence
Training for everyone:
**In California, SB1343 has now lowered the threshold for required sexual harassment training from 50 or more employees to 5 or more employees (including part-time, seasonal and temporary employees). In addition to management training, employees now must also be trained for a minimum of one hour every two years on this same subject. This must be accomplished by no later than January 1, 2021. Training must be accomplished before January, 1, 2021. In addition, employees must be trained within the first 6 months of assuming their position. Effective January 1, 2018 SB396 expanded this requirement to include training on gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation.
Finally, in addition to SB1343, another Senate Bill, SB 1300, authorizes employers to provide Bystander Intervention Training. The California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (www.dfeh.gov) is tasked with developing and making available training material that complies with these requirements. Training must be done in a language that the employee understands by a bilingual trainer or in conjunction with an interpreter.
Who is qualified to Train this course?
In order to be compliant with this law, training must be delivered by a qualified trainer. This includes HR professionals and harassment prevention consultants, under which I qualify. It is important to employ a qualified trainer to certify your company has complied with the law.
For more information visit: https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/resources/frequently-asked-questions/employment-faqs/sexual-harassment-faqs/ and leginfo.legislature.ca.gov
Copyright Allen-Solorio Consultancy, LLC 2021. All rights reserved.