What I do in a blurb:
I deliver strategic thinking for business management – from everyday challenges to complex issues – and people management – from retention and corporate culture to succession planning, coaching and change management.
What I can do in more detail:
1. Consult with business leaders/owners on a variety of management, leadership, implementation, Human Resources, Organizational Development and Learning and Development issues (see below list)
2. Write and produce training content (see Blogs/Articles & Videos as well on this site)
3. Facilitate/ MC corporate meetings, strategy sessions, training days
4. Deliver keynote speeches on your chosen topic or one from the list below
I have experience consulting and delivering Bilingual (English-Spanish) training and creating training programs for the following industries: Transportation and Logistics, Hospitality (hotel and restaurant), Financial institutions, Agriculture and Non-Profits. I customize solutions and training for CEO/Owner level all the way to entry-level employees.
If your company is looking for someone to consult and add value with a little humor thrown in, please use the Contact feature to reach out to me, or give me a call!
FREE IN-PERSON CONSULTATION IN ORANGE OR L.A. COUNTY. FREE PHONE CONSULTATION ELSEWHERE IN CALIFORNIA.
I will consult on any size issue, from a minimum of two hours (locally) to multi-day/week projects. My consulting services would be especially valuable for small to medium-sized businesses that need to solve an issue, improve a process, initiate change, need a specific one-time or bi-yearly consultation or training to be compliant, or that wish to create a professional training department.
My concentration is in LA and Orange Counties, but will be happy to discuss consulting and/or training in other areas in California, Arizona and Florida.
You can find me on LinkedIn: Devorah Allen https://www.linkedin.com/in/devorah-allen-mba-cplp-99619514/
My Credentials: I have an MBA from Cal State Long Beach, an undergrad in Business Management, and I am a Six Sigma Green Belt, a Certified Change Management Professional and a Certified Professional in Learning and Performance. I also have Certificates in Coaching and Workplace Investigations.
Here is a list of topics that I consult on, speak on or train on in English and Spanish (and I can deliver any other soft-skills topic you wish):
- Business strategy
- Business/Gap Analysis
- Process-driven best practices
- Personal business coaching for executives and managers
- Managing Change
- Culture Change
- Systems Thinking
- Succession Planning
- Create an effective Onboarding Program
- Create Hi-Potential Leadership Programs
- Career Pathing
- Hiring for Fit
- Launch a Company-wide Coaching Program
Bilingual Training for Management:
- Prevention of Sexual Harassment & Bullying Conduct for California Managers*
- Transition from Employee to Supervisor/Manager 101
- Emotional Intelligence for Managers
- Leading People
- Nimble Management (practical exercise: Marshmallow Challenge)
- Complex Problem Solving
- How to Win – Idea to Implementation
- One Sentence Communication
- Performance Coaching I & II
- Performance Management
- Performance Improvement Plans (PIP)
- Presentation skills
- Managing Different Age Groups
- Vendor Management for New Managers
- Leadership for Women
- Team Building/Group Dynamics
- Project Management for Non-Project Managers
Bilingual training for non-management employees:
- Prevention of Sexual Harassment & Bullying, Employee version
- Customer/Member-focused communication
- Core Values
- Critical Thinking
- Creative Thinking
- One Sentence Communication
- Becoming a Rock Star (Emotional Intelligence Part I)
- Releasing the Rock Star Inside (Emotional Intelligence Part II)
- Time and Information Management
- Group Dynamics (Conflict Management)
- Front Line Decision Making
- Performance Coaching (benefits of a Coaching relationship)
- Managing Customers Expectations
- How to Say No and Deliver Bad News
Employee training (technical skills):
- Telephone skills
- Email Etiquette
- Information Security
- Robbery (bank/credit union)
- Business Writing
- Reducing Variances and Write-Offs
- Intranet & Learning Management System navigation
- Basic Word, PowerPoint and Excel
*In California, AB1825 and AB2053 require businesses with 50 or more employees (to include part-time, temporary workers and contractors as well as full-time employees) to provide training to supervisors and above every two years for at least two hours on Prevention of Sexual Harassment and Abusive Conduct (Bullying). Effective January 1, 2018 SB396 expanded this requirement to include training on gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation.
In order to be compliant with this law, training must be delivered by a qualified trainer. This includes HR professionals and harassment prevention consultants, under which I qualify . It is important to employ a qualified trainer to certify your company has complied with the law.
For more information visit: https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/resources/frequently-asked-questions/employment-faqs/sexual-harassment-faqs/
Copyright Devorah Allen 2018. All rights reserved.